Seven members of the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club drove 500 miles over rural roads in PA, NJ, DE and MD on September 20 – 22 to raise money “for the children” served by the Burn Centers of Shriners Hospitals for Children. Over $41,000 was raised in this year’s America’s British Reliability Run by thirty-three teams driving British cars, most forty or more years old! The Prince of Darkness did not visit any of our members’ cars. Three others teams had issues during the run. All were back on the road following field surgery by Eugene Toner riding with Bill Murphy who pulled the trailer with a spare car, tools and parts. Three of our club members were instrumental in planning this successful event: Dave Hutchison, Alan Anspaugh and Bob DeLucia.
- Alan Anspaugh and Robyn Haynes – 1971 E Type
- Steve and Betty Kress – 1972 E Type
- Paul and Irena Merluzzi – 1995 XJS
- Bob DeLucia (with Sumra Manning) – 2000 XKR
- Nancy and Bill Beible – 1968 E Type
- Dave and Charlene Hutchison – 1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT
- Bruce and Shelley Menkowitz – 1964 Morgan +4
It was a great weekend with lots of fun and friendship – all for a great cause!