The objectives and purpose of the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club (DVJC) are to promote, foster and encourage a spirit of mutual interest and assistance for Jaguar automobile enthusiasts; to promote favorable relationships with the general public; to be a technical guidepost to Jaguar owners; to be a social organization; to exchange ideas; and to promote and demonstrate driving proficiency and safe driving habits in accordance with applicable laws. The DVJC is organized for pleasure, recreation, and other similar nonprofit purposes.
Who We Are
- Founded in 1965 – we are celebrated our 57th anniversary in 2022.
- Incorporated as a 501(c)7 non-profit in the state of Pennsylvania.
- The club has more than 200 members representing over 140 member-families who own and drive (or aspire to own) every model of Jaguar from 1938 SS100 3.5L to the latest F-Type, XJ, XE, XF E-Pace, I-Pace and F-Pace editions.
- Each month we publish a newsletter in which our editors aim to keep you up to date with the latest Jaguar news, events in the club and adjacent clubs, cars for sale and those wanted, technical advice and tips to improve the enjoyment of your Jaguar and general car talk. The newsletter is available on-line here on our website.
- DVJC is one of over sixty affiliated clubs of Jaguar Clubs of North America with members in the U.S, Mexico and Canada.
What We Do
- JCNA sanctioned events include two Rallies (held in the Spring and Fall), a Slalom (held in the Summer), and a Concours d’Elegance (held in late Spring).
- Breakfast Socials held on the third Sunday every month. These events are open to non-members. They are a great way to “test drive” our club. You will find us very welcoming.
- Jaguar Gatherings of Friends – informal get-togethers at members’ homes where chatting, eating, drinking, and solving the world’s problems takes priority over car-talk.
- Special events coordinated by our Event Chairpersons, including tours and rallies with end-points at restaurants, sports venues, historic sites. Many of these events are open to non-members. They are a great way to “test drive” our club. You will find us very welcoming.
- Annual Holiday Party that includes brunch, bar, silent and live auctions.
- Sponsor delegates to the JCNA Annual General Meeting (AGM), which is held in a different North American location each year. The delegates represent the DVJC in reviewing and revising by-laws, Concours d’Elegance rules, and other matter pertaining to the national organization. The DVJC hosted the 2015 AGM in Philadelphia.
- Photos of club events can be viewed at www.flickr.com/photos/bcsphotos95/sets.
The Delaware Valley Jaguar Club was formed in 1965 as the Philadelphia Division of the Jaguar Clubs of America. Founding club president Frank Weikel, who owned an XK150 Drop Head Coupe at the time, was inspired to create a club for Jaguar owners and enthusiasts like the ones he had encountered in the UK while on a business assignment there. Upon return he petitioned the Jaguar Clubs of North America (JCNA), to form a club to fill the geographic void between the existing clubs in New York City and Washington, DC. In September 1965 a handful of Jaguar enthusiasts led by Frank met with representatives of JCNA and officials of Jaguar Cars, Inc. to officially form the Philadelphia Division of Jaguar Clubs of North America. The club’s first publication “The Scratching Post”, a one page flyer, generated interest among local Jaguar enthusiasts rapidly swelling the membership to 45. The first club activity, other than organizational meetings, was in March of 1966; a motoring trip to Gross’ Highland Winery followed by dinner at Historic Smithville Village.
By the end of 1966 membership had grown to 65 members from well beyond Philadelphia thus prompting a name change to the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club. In 1968 with a membership in excess of 100 the club was officially incorporated with JCNA as the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club.
The first DVJC Concours d’Elegance was held in 1967 at the Glenhardie Country Club in Valley Forge, PA.
Subsequent locations have included Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia, Renaissance Office Park in Upper Merion, Hope Lodge in Fort Washington, Coatesville Hospital, the Rancocas Native American Reservation in New Jersey and at Oakbourne Mansion in West Chester, PA. The annual Concours d’Elegance returned to Historic Hope Lodge in 2018 and continues there in 2021.
In 2015, celebrating 50 years as a vibrant club supporting the interests of Jaguar owners and enthusiasts in the Delaware Valley, the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club hosted the Jaguar Clubs of North America Annual General Meeting in Philadelphia. The JCNA Annual General Meeting brings representatives of Jaguar clubs across North America to discuss, review and revise by-laws, Concours rules and matters pertaining to the national club.
Today the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club continues to be an active and vibrant organization of over 200 Jaguar owners and enthusiasts who participate in a wide variety of club events including Rallies, a Slalom, a Concours d’Elegance, Jaguar Gatherings of Friends hosted at members’ homes, monthly breakfast socials and numerous other events.
The Coventry Foundation has been established with the objective of preserving the Jaguar Heritage for future generations. DVJC embraces and supports the foundation’s development including the recently established museum in Petersburg, VA. Your individual support is encouraged. Visit their home page.