I regret to inform you that our three day event at the Jersey Shore has been postponed until 2021. Plans were taking shape for a fun few days. Given current conditions, the number of restaurants and attractions either not open or operating with restrictions, the uncertainty of what the situation will be in September and, most of all, the health interests of each of us, the DVJC board felt it best for us to reschedule for next year.
I have spoken with the general manager of the Montreal Beach Hotel and he has agreed to let us reschedule our room reservations without penalty or any loss of the deposit.
The dates for the postponed event are Tuesday September 28 through Thursday September 30, 2021.
Each of you, as individuals, must modify your own reservations. This can not be done on their website as their 2021 reservation calendar is only open through July of that year. You must call the hotel – 609-884-7011 – and speak to someone in Reservations.
- Your room deposit will be applied to the new reservation.
- Room rates will be those in effect on the new dates.
- If, for some reason, you prefer to have your deposit money refunded, they will provide a 100% refund of the deposit.
- Given demand for rooms at that time of any normal year, I recommend keeping your reservation and cancelling it later, if you must.
- The hotel will email you a confirmation of the new reservation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me.
Your board is doing its best to schedule safe activities this summer and I hope you’ll join in. This Saturday, we are meeting at Weber’s in Pennsauken for dinner and then driving a short distance to a drive-in movie theater. The restaurant is a throwback A&W Root Beer location with car side tray service. A “Bridges and Barns” tour is scheduled August 1. It begins in Valley Forge, travels through rural Chester and Montgomery Counties and concludes with a BYO picnic in a park near Exton. Check the website for details – hope to see many of you there.
Have a Jaguar Kind of Day!