Date(s) - May 2, 2020
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
About this Event
Twenty-five years is an amazing milestone for the Lewes British Motorcar Show, sponsored by the Lewes Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the British Car Club of Delaware. The show will take place on the grounds of the Lewes Ferry Terminal for the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, overlooking the Delaware Bay.
While there will be much to see at the show, visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the free shuttle service from the ferry terminal to historic downtown Lewes, home to a wonderful number of shops and restaurants.
For those that will be in the Lewes area the Friday evening before the show, please join us Friday night for a casual get together at the Ferry Terminal. Call it a pre-show, meet and great cruise in. If interested, please make sure to let us know when registering your car.
On show day Food and beverages will be available for purchase on site, courtesy of Grain On the Rocks, the new chic dining spot within the Ferry Terminal. There will be a snack buffet and $1.00 off drinks for show car registrants.
Class trophies, awarded based on popular vote by spectators, will be presented at the conclusion of the show during the traditional Winners Circle parade through historic downtown Lewes.
- Field opens at 8:30 am, with entry no later than 10:30 for the show field. Since this is a high pedestrian traffic area, please be aware that for everyone’s safety, vehicles may not leave the field during the official show hours, from 11:00a-3:00p.
- Car registration is $25.00 in advance, $35.00 on site. There is is a small convenience fee added by eventbrite for online registration. Since space is limited on the show field, advanced registration is highly recommended. The Link below for the registration forms.
- Registration includes admission for driver and passengers (based upon the number of seats in the vehicle). Spectator admission for the show is $5.00. Kids 12 and under are free.
- Popular vote winners will be announced at 2:15 pm.
- The Winners Circle parade will depart for downtown Lewes at 3:00 pm , where Lewes Mayor Ted Becker will present the winners with their awards.
- Winners must participate in the parade to receive their awards.
- All cars are encouraged to join the parade, and will be lined up behind the Best of Show and other award winners by the show staff.
- Please remember “For Sale” signs are not permitted in or on show cars.
- Since space is limited, only vehicles model year 2000 or older are eligible to register. Everyone is encouraged to drive their British car to the show regardless.
- Entrants are eligible for door prizes. Raffle tickets, baked goods, T-shirts and other regalia will be available for purchase by spectators and entrants.
- This is a “Rain or Shine” event; registration fees are non-refundable.
If you are planning on riding the Ferry from Cape May to attend the show, stay tuned for the information about discounted tickets.