Date(s) - May 1, 2021
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
While not spearheading a British rebellion, it is a great opportunity for owners and admirers of classic British cars to enjoy an afternoon on the grounds of the Lewes Ferry Terminal for the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, overlooking the Delaware Bay.
As you know the event is cosponsored by the Lewes Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the British Car Club of Delaware. Last year was scheduled to celebrate the silver anniversary (Queens silver of course), but alas was postponed because of COVID-19. Many details relating to the show are dependent upon current state of the pandemic and social distancing requirements. Any updates will be sent to those registered and posted on the club’s Facebook page https://tinyurl.com/4o9beu7h
The field is limited to the first 100 cars. Since space is limited, only vehicles model year 2000 or older are eligible to register. Everyone is encouraged to drive their British car to the show regardless. This is a “Rain or Shine” event; registration fees are non-refundable. However, in the event the show is cancelled due to COVID-19, registration fees will be automatically refunded. That means there is no risk to register early, and the benefit is that you can secure your spot on the show field.
All those attending with a British Car or as spectators agree to honor applicable social distancing and mask requirements. On show day Food and beverages will be available for purchase on site, courtesy of Grain On the Rocks, the new chic dining spot within the Ferry Terminal. Grain has graciously agreed to offer $1.00 off drinks for show car registrants.
Class trophies, awarded based on popular vote by spectators, will be presented at the conclusion of the show.
- Field opens at 8:30 am, with entry no later than 10:30 for the show field. Since this is a high pedestrian traffic area, please be aware that for everyone’s safety, vehicles may not leave the field during the official show hours, from 11:00a-3:00p.
- Car registration is $25.00 in advance, $35.00 on site. There is a small convenience fee added by eventbrite for online registration. Since space is limited on the show field, advanced registration is highly recommended. In the event the show is cancelled due to COVID-19, registration fees will be automatically refunded.
- Registration includes admission for driver and passengers (based upon the number of seats in the vehicle). Spectator admission for the show is $5.00. Kids 12 and under are free.
- Popular vote winners will be announced at 2:15 pm.
- Winners must be present to receive their awards.
- Please remember “For Sale” signs are not permitted in or on show cars.
- Since space is limited, only vehicles model year 2000 or older are eligible to register. Everyone is encouraged to drive their British car to the show regardless.
- This is a “Rain or Shine” event; registration fees are non-refundable. However, in the event the show is cancelled due to COVID-19, registration fees will be automatically refunded. Individual requests for refunds cannot be honored.
If you are planning on riding the Ferry from Cape May to attend the show, stay tuned for the information about discounted tickets.
TO REGISTER CLICK LINK BELOW: